Office of Financial Affairs
Welcome to the office of Financial affairs!
This office deals with anything money. We propose and formulate the annual budget, appoint to various campus wide committees associated with student fees and provides financial assistance to various student organizations and departments to organize amazing events.
Campus wide committees:
Student Fee Advisory Committee (SFAC)
- Student Fee Advisory Committee (SFAC) : Do you want to know where the student fees you pay go towards? Are you satisfied with the services the student fees funded units provide? Are you well represented in SFAC?
- SFAC is charged with evaluating Student Fee Funded Units and making recommendations on allocations of the Student Fees that every student pays while attending UC San Diego. Our duty is to see that the proposed Student Fee uses are in the best interests of the university and its students, and in compliance with existing policies and guidelines. The committee is comprised of students, faculty, and campus administrators, with students comprising a substantial majority. Annually, the committee compiles and submits recommendations for allocations of the Student Services Fees.
- Your SFAC Graduate Student Representatives are:
- Masood Jalali
- Raul Herrera
Sports Facility Advisory Board(SFAB)
- Sports Facility Advisory Board (SFAB): Do you want to know how does the sports facility function? How do they allocate funds their receive for various services they provide?
- The Sports Facilities Advisory Board (SFAB) is the principal advisory committee on sports facilities and related policies at the University of California, San Diego. SFAB operates under this charter with the approval of the Chancellor, the Associated Students Council and the Graduate Student Association Council. The Committee is charged by the Chancellor and given the responsibility of ensuring that the sports facilities have the emphases, breadth, and coordination to complement optimally the philosophy, missions, and goals of UCSD
- Your SFAB representatives are :
- Kiefer Forsch
- Walter (Quint) Frauman
Are you planning for any events? Do you need any financial support? Come to GSA!
Each year, GSA provides funding towards events organized by graduate students which seek to improve educational, professional and social life at UC San Diego. Funds are appropriated based on number of graduate students attendees ($3-$7/students/event) and it can range up to $2000/year for each student organization or department. The funding range is subjected to change and approval of the Finance Committee of each year. Any graduate student in good standing may apply and funding will be awarded to the events that are approved by the GSA Finance Committee and Council of Representatives. Funding requests will be evaluated based on their history and contribution to a rich and varied extracurricular lifestyle at UCSD.