Each year, GSA provides funding toward events organized by graduate students which seek to improve educational, professional and social life at UC San Diego.
Fundings are appropriated based on number of graduate students attendees ($3-$6/students/event) and it range up to $2000/year for each student organization or department.
The funding range is subjected to change and approval of Finance Committee of each year.
Any graduate students in good standing may apply and funding will be awarded to the events that are approved by the GSA Finance Committee and Council of Representatives.
Funding requests will be evaluated based on their history and contribution to a rich and varied extra-curricular life at UCSD.
For the list of fund categories please click here
Would like to have the Finance Brochure and Finance Package?
- Plan your event!
- Submit a Funding Request for your event. Please submit your request at least 30 days prior to the event to avoid rejection due to insufficient timing.
- Show up at the next Finance Committee meeting and pitch your event. Your request will be assessed using this Guideline .
- If approved by the Finance Committee, show up at the next GSA Council of Representative meeting for final approval.
- Your finance request if approved? Congrats! Don’t forget to advertise your event at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also contact GSA VP Campus to add your event to GSA calendar and facebook page.
- Throw your awesome even and don’t forget to maintain a sign-in sheet!!
- Document your event.
- Submit original receipts, reimbursement form along with the copy of your approved bill no later than 21 days after the event to the GSA fund manager at Student Business Office on 3rd Floor in Price Center for reimbursement.
Notes from the VP of Financial Affairs
- If you have any difficulty filling out any of these forms, please fill out the form to the best of your ability, and then e-mail the VP Finance with any additional information, questions, problems, etc.
- Would like to know the total amount appropriated for each fund category? You can find the GSA Budget for 2013-14 here.
GSA budgets are also available.
- For more information regarding the finance requests please see Funding Process and Tips and Financial By-laws.
- While perhaps an aside from GSA specific funding, our Office of Graduate Studies hosts awebpage of policies and procedures governing payroll related information (including stipend rates, see the guides for TAs and GSRs), and the Chronicle of Higher Education has a nice survey of grad stipends at a number of peer institutions.